Sunday 8 May 2011

Comfortable clothes

I have two pieces of clothing I should never be allowed to wear out of the house.

Actually, I have more than that – jeans that are ripped, shirts that are pilled. Except I know I shouldn't wear those clothes out of the house, and I never do. But there are two tops that I'm strongly tempted, on occasion, to wear out of the house. They're just so comfortable.

The only tangible item I have from the AWNA awards I've won (the ACP award was for the Calgary Journal as a whole and that plaque is in their newsroom) is a University of Alberta T-shirt, because they sponsored the award. Before mailing the shirt to me, the editor emailed me to make sure my address was still the same, and he mentioned that it was a medium. Good. I normally wear medium.

Except this is a one-size-fits-all medium. So I wear it as a pajama top...but it's soo comfortable. If it were a little more fitted I probably could wear it out of the house, and sometimes, there's days I don't even care it's huge on me, I honestly try and find a pair of jeans or yoga pants that would make the shirt look good.

The good news about that shirt is that it's only about a year and a half old. The other item of clothing that I should never be allowed to wear out of the house is a 10-year-old sweater. It's grey, with the logo of my synchro club on it. Funny enough, I have another sweater from the same club, dark blue and a little bit newer. But the grey one is my favourite. I jokingly call it my "end of the world" sweater, because I used to pull it out of my closet when I was cold and it didn't feel like anything was going right. Now, it's the first thing I pull out of my closet when I'm cold because despite the fact that it's 10 years old, it's still really warm.

The thing is, I don't think you can tell that the sweater is 10 years old unless you look really close. However, if you see me out and about wearing either of these items (I came really close to wearing the sweater out today...and I still should go grocery shopping...) please, send me home.

And secondly, don't judge. They're really comfortable shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment